Saturday, May 26, 2012

New York, City...Where Do I Begin?

When I was a young girl, I dreamt of going to New York City.  It finally happened for the first time when I was 22 and I have been lucky enough in the last two years to go several more times.  There is some kind of spell New York City holds over people.  Crowds, crazy traffic, noise, pollution...and this city that has all of these things I dislike, makes me smile.

I cannot help it!  This city with the bloodline pumping and people on the move has a hold on me that I would never ever try to seek refuge from.  How does this city continue to cast this magic on visitors and locals?  I don't know, but I am going to embrace the magic and go for the ride.

I have lots of pictures I love from New York City.  So, I decided this would be a post based on the pictures from my last trip where we were introducing New York City to a friend who had yet to travel to NYC.  I am sure more posts will follow with other pictures from previous trips.  So here is the first chapter.

I love Alice and I love Central Park!
Central Park in March
Central Park in March
Central Park in March
Central Park in March
Central Park in March
Central Park in March
Central Park in March
Central Park in March - the bloom is beginning
Rockefeller Center in March
Rockefeller Center in March
World Trade Center, March 2012
New York Building near Little Italy

Empire State Building in the Skyline

Time Square in March

View of NYC skyline from Hoboken, NJ
There are so many wonderful places to visit in New York City and nearby, I cannot imagine my adventures here could ever be considered complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment