Saturday, May 26, 2012

In a New York State of Mind

Now that I am in a New York state of mind, Chapter 2 must happen.  I went to New York City in December of 2011 and had lots of things on my to to-do list including the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center.  I was lucky enough to add a show on Broadway (On a Clear Day starring Harry Connick, Jr - fantastic) and a lot of other areas in New York City.

My good friend and I were working in Atlantic City and one Saturday took a bus ride to and from NYC.  I am a west coast girl, but there is a lot of convenience of seeing a lot of rewarding things on the East Coast in a short amount of time.

I went to Rockefeller Center during the day to see the Christmas tree and was incredibly disappointed.  It is a MUST SEE at night.  Incredible, but be ready for a huge onslaught of people all with the same brilliant idea.  Work your way through and get a picture.  It is incredible.

Now, presenting...Chapter 2 on this blog of New York City.


Rockefeller Center in December
Rockefeller Center in December
Home of Broadway Musical: On a Clear Day.  Fantastic!  But, if you are going to try to get discount tickets in NYC on a Saturday, be prepared for a long wait in Times Square.  Sometimes, it needs to become a decision of savings versus value of time.  We paid full price and I do not regret that decision at all.  The line for discount tickets was hours long.

Christmas time in Rockefeller Center.  Do it at night or you will be disappointed. 

Christmas time in New York: Rockefeller Center
  



BB King Club near Time Square is awesome!  There are two clubs here.  One that is ticketed and one that is free with up and coming artists.  I had a great time eating and watching up and coming artists!
 When in New York City, the fast pace makes sense.  There is so much to see especially in one day.  Well worth the hustle.  One of my favorite memories was this Saturday spent in December (not too cold this time) in NYC with a great friend.  You know she is a good friend when she is cool about being dragged back to the Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center twice in one short, but clear day.

No comments:

Post a Comment