Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nemacolin Woodlands Resort

Every once in a while, (or if you are lucky more often than not) you find yourself in a place you have never heard of, which is magnificant.  I found myself in this position when I was asked to go to Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Pennsylvania.  I had never heard of this place and found it to be both charming and luxurious.

This destination resort is in southwestern Pennsylvania and has so many places to explore in either of the hotel wings, restaurants and outdoor areas, you never have to leave.  Below are a few pictures I took during my brief time at the resort.  Definitely, this is a place I need to return with more time to explore!

The opulent lobby and seating area.
This cherub statue sitting in a corner surrounded by stained glass and foliage is in a corridor of the resort.
An example of pieces that adorn all areas of the resort.  There are so many unique items and books here, you could spend a day just exploring the design.
These impressive statues reside in one of the outdoor courtyards.  Behind this large courtyard, is an airstrip for private, small planes.
I love the striking layers of statue and soft, but strong vegetation.


A pond outside of the Nemacolin Wild Side area.  
 

If you have a chance to experience Nemacolin, I would recommend it.  I am ready to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment